Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Individually we are one drop....

"Individually we are one drop. Together, we are the ocean."

(salt and pepper shaker in a restaurant. So cute)
This past week or so I have been thinking about all of the awesome people i have met in Taiwan and I figured it's about time you met them too. So here we go,



1. Bree Dalling



Bree gets number one because she is number one. Without Bree I would be dead.... quite literally. Bree is one of the teachers i live with and she has been here since January. So she pretty much knows everything (or at least thinks it) :P We have a little too much fun together. I'm glad we get along so well or else I would have really been all alone! She might kill me for posting this picture but it just describes her so well. And she loves to take pictures of herself on my iPod :)

2. Phil and Mandy Sagers 


Phil and Mandy make up the other two that i live with for a grand total of 4. :) It's so nice having them with us. They are by far some of the kindest people I know and so wonderful to work with. They are hard workers and are a great example to me. P.s. they love Tanged, and peanut butter. Does it get any better then that?

3.  Sister Missionaries
 (Sister Pomeroy, Sister Watterson, Sister Bray, JoJo an investigator)
We are so fortunate to live in the same building as the sisters in the area. In the beginning we had Sister Pomeroy and Sister Bray but about a month ago Sister Pomeroy was transferred. At first we were heart broken but now we have Sister Watterson and she is positively amazing. They stop by sometimes in the evenings and tell us stories and sometimes teach us Chinese. We could spend all our time with them if it was allowed. They are so funny and happy always. We just love them. (BTW we = Bree and I) 

4. Primary


For those who don't know my calling in the branch is the Primary Chorister. And i just love it. Not only are primary songs my absolute favorite thing in the whole world but the kids are just great. And they (usually) like to sing. I don't have a picture of them all yet so this one had to do. It is the Branch Presidents daughter right after a little cake love. So sweet.

5. Feng Yuan Sister
 (Back Row: Kendra, Bree, Me, Sara, Lauren, Jenny, Rachel, and Heather. Front Row: Veronica, Kylie, Jessica. MIA: Kaylie, and Christina )
That is pretty much what I always call them. It's just easier. They are the other girls (about 10) who are here teaching through ILP as well but at a different school. We all go to the same English branch... and make up about half the branch. I just love these girls. They are all active and strong girls and are just a joy to be around. Sometimes i secretly wish I was living with them so I could feed of there energy all day. Also I seem to classify Lauren Miller as one of them even though she is married and not teaching in Feng Yuan... But she is also quite amazing and fun to be around. :)

 
Just some more fun facts about my life here in Taiwan. Don't worry I didn't forget all the awesome children I teach, there is just not room to fit them all. So bits and pieces to come. 

Peace and blessings ya'll
Love From Taiwan,
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment